Friday, December 8, 2017

My First Giftetizer!

It all began the day after Thanksgiving!  I started my own, private Giftetizer (think gift + appetizer) event!  Yep ... a new event here in DillyDallydom!  Because it is about gifts ... going undercover was necessary! Love covert projects!
I picked up this fabric Fall 2016 while traveling in the midwest ... and oh, how I wish I had purchased more!  It is so fun ... makes me smile!  Full of Holiday Cheer!
I put my favorite Christmas movie on ... I know every line ... and in my dreams I dance along!
Santa came to assist ... peppermint apron strings ... yep, we were jolly!
Finished two aprons with just 3 inches of this border print to spare!  Again ... sure wish I had purchased more yardage!
I like aprons to be lined ... I think they hold their shape and function better.  I made these reversible and they are for my girls, Sister and Girlfriend DillyDally!
Just in case you weren't aware ... it is imperative when sewing with peppermint swirl fabric to drink hot cocoa and eat candy canes! 
As with all fashion ... accessories are as important as the garment!  I decided to accessorize the aprons with pot holders!
Here they are finished and ready for delivery December 1st!  My son tells me that Girlfriend has been wearing hers all week!  Sister just received hers in the mail today!  Mission accomplished!  A successful Giftetizer!  Gifts to use during the Holiday Season!  I throughly enjoyed myself!

Do what you love!  Host a Giftetizer!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally 
My favorite costume of the entire movie ... my mother had the exact same one ... I loved it then and now ... she was beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. That fabric is fantastic, and the aprons are so cute.
    But where is your snoopervisor?
    She left you alone to sew??? ;)
    That's also my most favorite Christmas movie of all time.
    The dancing is amazing!
    Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete