Tuesday, December 19, 2017

In Search of Snow!

Clouds ... rain ... they have both returned to our remote corner of the planet!  Proof that dropping everything when the sun shines is an important lifestyle decision!  Today, I just did not want to face another walk in the rain! 
The temperatures in town were just above freezing, so I knew my odds of finding snowfall would improve if I drove away from the coast and further inland.  There is only one road that does that, so Nissa and I drove 3 miles in ... at that point the road is closed to vehicles ... so we parked the car and started walking.
It was snowing!  The ground was white ... the precipitation was sort of white (sleet) ... but an improvement over rain!
I love the quiet that comes with winter ... only the voices of nature are heard.   
There were swans and eagles in the area ... their vocalizations carried clearly over the still lake.
Nissa doesn't mind the rain, but she prefers snow too!
I love her silly dillydally desposition!  She makes everything fun!  She found all sorts of smells and sticks under the light snowfall!
We took our time ... a long, leisurely walk ... in the arms of Mother Nature.  I am grateful for days like this.
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: