Sunday, December 17, 2017

Another Makeover!

While in Minnesota during the Fall of 2016, a friend took me to the Gammelgarden Museum in Scandia, Minnesota. 
It is an open air museum that shares the story of Swedish immigrants.  Oh how I wish I knew more about my Grandmother's family history!
For many, the symbol of Sweden is the Dala Horse ... there are several life sized Dala Horses all around the grounds of Gammelgarden.
To commemorate our visit to Gammelgarden a year ago, my friend recently sent me this embroidered dish towel!  I was not about to allow it to become stained and worn by daily use ... sew ... another makeover was put into action!
I raided my fabric stash ... found a couple of prints that would work ... and got busy!
It took me a couple of hours to make it this morning ... a nice break from my 007 responsibilities!
Two dish towels ... from two separate Minnesota friends ... transitioned into two Holiday pillows ... my heart is full!  Every time I see them on my couch ... I smile ... I am so grateful for the friends in my life!

Do what you love!  Be a friend!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: