Saturday, July 13, 2013

Learning, Teaching & Celebrating!

Have I mentioned lately ... how much I enjoy living here in my remote corner of the planet!  One of the many things I appreciate about life in Cordova ... is that there is always something to do!  The truth is ... there is usually so much going on that I can't fit in everything I want to do!

Learning

Dotty, owner of our fabulous yarn, handcraft and gift store, The Net Loft recently taught a wool appliqué class.  Here are her samples, one finished and the other in progress.  They are lovely!
QBee Val working on the Valentine's design.
As is QBee Diane, but with different color choices.  Gosh, I love seeing the same design in different color ways!
I ran into Diane the other day, and she had finished her project!  It turned out beautiful!
Diane's daughter also caught the appliqué bug ... she designed and created this based on a local fisherman's boat.  Awesome!
I chose to do the Snowman design.  Dotty taught us several tricks and techniques that will ensure success!  She has developed a large selection of felted wool ... we are so excited!  We are so fortunate to have this shop in our community!  It is a place where dillydallying is encouraged!

Teaching
In February, we celebrated QBee Val's birthday by making this fun and fast table topper!  Recently, I taught the technique at Cordova Quilters' Hideout.



One of benefits of teaching is spending time with those who take the class!  Friendships grow and blossom while we work and learn together!




Another benefit is witnessing the design choices of others ... I am always inspired!
But the real rush comes when I see their finished projects ...
... and I am over the moon when they make a second one!

Celebrating

It is such a joy to celebrate the success of others!  The Net Loft held a party to introduce Shelly Kocan's new hand dyed yarn, "The Sea Otter & the Starfish!  Shelly is a very gifted knitter and her yarn is wonderful ... her blog will inspire you!
Dotty (owner of The Net Loft) does so much to promote local talent!  She made the labels for Shelly's yarn ... they are hand painted by her!  She also decorates the shop, has thematic refreshments, sends out invitations, and serves as hostess for the event!  We are so fortunate she chose our remote corner of the planet to build her business ... it is a blessing!

   Living and loving life in my remote corner of the planet!
Do what you love.  Learn, teach and celebrate.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

No comments:

Post a Comment