Thursday, February 28, 2013

Friends Far & Near ... Part Two

This simple table topper represents so much ... the friendship and generosity of new friends far from my remote corner of the planet.
And how their kindness inspired me to pass all that goodness forward ... to my friends here!
QBee Valerie celebrated one of life's pivotal birthdays this month ... we had to honor it in a big way!  We held a private quilting party for her at Cordova Quilters' Hideout!
We all brought snacks to share ... I used the casserole carrier that I received from one of the Sassy Stitchers to bring my treat!
We showered Valerie with gifts!
The youngest QBee, Amelia was on hand to assist!  Such fun!
I treated the project like a mystery ... a supply list was included in the invitations.
Everyone brought their own charm squares.
The shape and size is determined by the number of squares they decided to use!
Love the flexibility of this technique!
Next step was sewing the squares together!
I love it when a project shows off the maker's personality!  QBee Susie is always such fun!
After layering the top, QBee Stacey began applying the petals!
It was such a fun evening!  QBees in Minnesota ... inspiring the birthday party for a QBee in Alaska ... gosh ... how I love my dillydally life!
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Valerie! What a cool way to celebrate a special birthday. The QBees in Alaska have inspired the QBees in Ohio to try this for a birthday party. Do you applique the petals on after you sew the squares? It reminds me of the Cathedral Window pattern.

    ReplyDelete