· Raised on a dairy farm in northern Minnesota
· Was involved in and enjoyed everything about 4-H from age 8
· Graduated High School in 1975
· Attended Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. Graduated in 1979
· Moved to Alaska for a two-year adventure, 37 years ago.
· Have traveled throughout Northern Europe.
· Spent the summer of 1980 in Greenland.
LOCATION – My remote corner of the planet!
· Have lived in Cordova, Alaska for the past 33 years.
· I am biased and consider Cordova to be Alaska’s best kept secret!
· You can only get here by air or by sea.
· The primary industry is commercial fishing.
· Located on Prince William Sound, where the forest meets the sea.
· Climate is coastal and identified as temperate rainforest.
· Married the nicest man I ever met in 1981!
· Sister DillyDally was born in 1983!
· Brother DillyDally joined us in 1988!
· We have shared our lives with 6 dogs, 2 cats, a duck and multiple fish!
· When you live in a remote area of the planet, friends become extended family!
· I served as a public school teacher of 29 years and recently retired in 2014.
· I taught middle school and high school students. Mr. DillyDally claims that I am a perpetual teenager!
· I had the honor and privilege of teaching Home Economics! I taught skills that directly impact the quality of their lives.
· I loved teaching and looked forward to it everyday!
· Since retiring, I have begun teaching adult classes, my love of teaching continues!
HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Have been happily married for 35 years. He is still the nicest man I’ve ever met!
· Watching my two little DillyDallys grow into adults that I like as well as love!
· Teaching a generation of Cordova’s kids skills they will use their entire lives.
· Charter member of the Cordova Northwind Quilter’s Guild. Est. 1986
· In 1999, I was awarded the Alaska Home Economics Teacher of the Year award.
“THE DILLYDALLY LIFESTYLE”
In 2006-07 I experienced three “life changing” events that have forever altered my approach to life and how I want to live it. The Dillydally Lifestyle is a concept that is constantly evolving as I walk this lifelong journey. Here are some general guidelines that I attempt to adhere to:
Choose kindness Be a cheerleader Share your talents
Be generous with praise Embrace being silly Forget perfection
Free self of unnecessary guilt Accept behavior choices of others Be proactive
Do what you love Do dillydally Love one another
They have improved my life in too many ways to count. I highly recommend that you adopt a version of the dillydally lifestyle that will work for you! If you want to follow me in my journey … you will find me … and my
nonsense funsense here …
Thanks for visiting DillyDallydom!