Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Basket Building!

Remember this silliness?  ;-)
It all began with the Metro QBees and my first trip to Millie P's Quilt Shop in downtown Anoka, Minnesota last summer!
While at the shop I was inspired by the samples they had made of the Britta Hoopster Basket by Hemma Design ... so bought the pattern and used a Bali Pop from my stash that I had purchased ... who knows when?  Hey ... collecting fabric is the dillydally way!

It was during this project that I discovered Flicka's ability to sabotage my success in the sewing room!  She loves to unpin my projects when I'm not looking!  Such a silly kitty! 
Even with all my "Supervisor's" assistance, I finally got it done!  Whew!  It has been on display since March at Cordova Quilter's Hideout.  The stars finally aligned themselves ... life is extremely busy in my remote corner of the planet ... and a class was scheduled!





Last Saturday, we began by piecing and machine quilting the fabrics for both the basket and lining!



Last night we cut out our pieces, marked darts and learned how to sew them.   After finishing all 16 darts, everyone was an expert!  ;-)
Next we applied the boning!  I love how boning enables this basket to maintain its shape!

The final class is in two weeks!  We will be assembling the basket and applying the handles!  Women of all ages and levels of experience are in this class ... I love those conditions best!  Such fun and more to come!
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


No comments:

Post a Comment