Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Hate Math!

6.24.13 - 25 years old - Star Wars Birthday
Brother DillyDally turned 25 years of age yesterday!  How is that possible?  Last year he had his 24th birthday ... and before that his 23rd ... prior to that he turned 22 ... yes, I understand that I am not telling you anything you don't already know... but you may not have known that I've always hated math. ;-) Math and time are intertwined ... they are very close relatives!
Once upon a time, Brother DillyDally turned 8 ... this is a picture taken at his 8th birthday party ... he is the cute, short blonde boy in the red sweatshirt!  Here is a sweet story about him when he was 8 ...

One of the cable channels was having a James Bond marathon ... Mr. DillyDally and Brother had been watching a 007 movie each evening.  One night while putting him to bed the following conversation took place between us:

Brother   "Mom, when I grow up, I want to be just like James Bond!"
Me          "Of course you do.  You and every other man on the planet."
Brother    A long pause .... "The only bad thing is that then I would have to work with all those ladies who run around in swimsuits."
Me           "Someday you'll like having ladies run around in swimsuits."

I hate math and time, they can feel unkind.  We are unable to manipulate them, they are concrete and unyielding.  Yet ... the same concepts apply to the future ... we look back, but are forced to move forward.  Ugh!  Math is hard!
High tide - 6.24.13
I love my son.  Just like I am unable to control the tide ... I cannot control time.  I miss my 8 year old ... am enjoying my 25 year old ... and look forward to his future.

Yep ... I was right!  Mothers always are!  That "someday" came...

Brother DillyDally likes having ladies run around in swimsuits!

Happy Birthday Son!
Do what you love.  Run around in your swimsuit.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Brother DillyDally. My children are 33, 30 & 25 and I have loved every year of their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday wishes for your son! I dislike math too, especially when it comes to age.

    ReplyDelete