Friday, June 14, 2013

Seattle Adventure - Day Two!

Wednesday morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and hit the road!  I am driving and Valerie is "The Navigator".  Thank heavens for an IPad, IPhone, and QBee Valerie!  Doing this alone would have been much more difficult.
Our first stop of the day was QuiltWorks Northwest!  It had something for everyone!  Their classrooms were wonderful ... one classroom was busy and in progress ... oh ... how Val and I wanted to join in! The staff was terrific!  At one point, I thought I had lost my camera ... a woman working there ran around helping us look for it ... and then I realized it was in my pants pocket!  How embarrassing!  The clerk gave me a big hug, and said kind things to smooth over my silliness ... so sweet of her!  I tell you ... sometimes I can be quite the dillydally ding dong!  ;-)
Next we found our way to Gathering Fabric Quilt Shop!  What a perfect name ... because that is exactly what I do ... collect and gather fabric!  Here I found many treasures ... as did Valerie!  She will be participating in an appliqué block of the month using French General fabrics!  I cannot wait to see her progress ... it will be amazing!  This shop was very inspiring!
Next we were off to Country Village.  We were hungry after all the fun and inspiration ...
 ... and enjoyed a lunch of delicious sandwiches with rhubarb iced tea!  We thought it such a hoot that one of the sandwiches was served like a pinwheel quilt block!  Too fun!  A lovely lunch in the sun was just what we needed before visiting the next shop!
We were so excited to visit Keepsake Cottage Fabrics!  It was featured as a Top Quilt Shop by American Patchwork and Quilting last fall!
It was just like it had been featured in the magazine!  All kinds of fabric and inspiration!  More than any quilter can absorb in one visit ... so yep ... you can bet that one day ... we'll be back!

We survived rush hour traffic and drove into downtown Seattle in order to catch the ferry to our next destination ... Bainbridge Island!
As we left Seattle ... we were grateful for the fun we had enjoyed.  It had been a perfect dillydally day!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. Ding Dong
Happy flowers at Country Village!




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are enjoying a dillydally vacation! Thanks for sharing your pictures of Seattle - I have only been there watching Gray's Anatomy and would love to visit the Keepsake Cottage Fabrics. What fun! I have a GPS navigator and would never travel without it, especially in a big city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gladys,
      That could be one of out stops on the way to Alaska!!!

      Delete