Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lessons from Flicka

We have been enjoying a lot of sunshine here in my remote corner of the planet!  It has been unusually warm ... am loving it!
Commercial fishing is in full force ... how I love the sights, sounds and smells of our seasonal industry!
Our days are long ... but summers are short ... resulting in a sense of urgency.  Our fisherman feel it ...
... our plants feel it ... every living thing is trying to pack as much as possible into summer.  Except for ...
... Flicka.  Cats are much better at pacing themselves ... they understand that urgency is temporary ... they know to make time to nap with your favorite quilt ...
... to rest comfortably (?) on the deck railing ...
... to relax and soak up the sun while it is here.  They have had life figured out all along ... and here I thought my dillydally concepts were new! :-)  We can learn a lot from our cats!
So ... yesterday afternoon I left my "To Do" list on the kitchen counter ... grabbed a new knitting pattern I picked up while traveling ... pulled yarn and needles from my stash ...
... and enjoyed a couple of hours on the front deck.  It was heavenly!

Do what you love.  Thanks Flicka.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


No comments:

Post a Comment