Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Dillydally Adventure - Day One!

First ... a bit of back story!  After our Minnesota Shop Hop trip in 2011, the QBees (that includes me) decided that every other year we would do a shop hop of some kind!  Our favorite type of quilt vacation!
When QBee Julie moved to Washington 18 months ago, we decided that she would host our next QBee adventure during their shop hop.  Julie has been busy planning ... and we've all been sew excited!  She has planned 10 days of complete QBee fun!

But life happens ... for example ... little girls who used to pick wild flowers and wear pink boots ... grow up, go to college, and build careers.

Sister DillyDally accepted a new job and has moved to San Francisco!  Living in a new city ... managing a new job ... plus other circumstances the alignment of the stars ... made it only possible to visit her the same week Julie planned the Shop Hop!  Children trump everything in our lives, so there was no question ... of course I will miss the QBee trip.  When you can only travel once a year to see your children ... that time with them is all that matters.

Of course I was disappointed to have to miss all the fun Julie had planned ... the QBees are sure to have a great time!  Mr. DillyDally and friends encouraged me to take a few extra days to give myself a little dillydally vacation!  They didn't have to twist my arm very much ... I was ready to spend some time in this lady's hometown!  I agreed and made the decision to take a few days and explore the Seattle area!

QBee Valerie decided to change the dates she was traveling to visit her daughter and chose to join me!  How incredible is that?  I didn't have to dillydally alone!
We flew to Seattle on June 11th!  Valerie worked on her hexes!

I worked on a hand appliqué block!  What fun to dillydally with a QBee while in flight!   Stay tuned for updates on our dillydally adventures!
Do what you love.  Seek adventure.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have someone to take on vacation with you. I have come back and read the blog. After seeing your daughter moved to CA, I had to let you know my daughter was there asap.
    Please don't hesitate to get in touch with her. She really is looking forward to meeting/visiting/sharing her beautiful city.
    Funny how my daughter will meet you before I do. I love it!

    ReplyDelete