Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Holiday Wrap-Up

I look at the calendar and am shocked!  What?
The first week of 2015 is already behind us and I haven't finished with 2014 yet!  Time for me to wrap things up!
Flicka is an important part of my undercover work!  She is better at keeping secrets than I am!  We were busy in December ... not with large projects, but with several small ones.
I've already shared the pillow quilt made for Sister DD ... this is a photo of me working on the one I made for Girlfriend DD.  I was in such a hurry, I forgot to take photos of it finished!  I swear ... at times I am such a fruit loop!
This is a lap quilt I pieced from a fat quarter pack a while back ...
... the long arm quilter really brought it to life with her talent!  A quick finish ... just had to complete the binding!
The pattern is from Terry Atkinson's book, Spring Cleaning.  I love collecting fat quarter packs!  And I enjoy the process and challenge of deciding what to do with them.  This book is one of my favorites ... have made all the patterns, but one.  And several of them more than once!
This was a gift for my mother-in-law ... she is very happy with it ... and I enjoy knowing that she has it with her while creating her new life in New Mexico.
QBee Val seemed to really like the kitchen towel and hot pad set I made this fall for our guild's annual Tea & Auction.  While traveling in Idaho, I came across another line of wine themed fabric and decided to recreate a similar set for her.
Fray Check is one of my best friends ... bet you didn't know that!  I find more uses for it all the time.  When sewing in tight, bulky places it is wonderful!
I would also bet that you didn't know how important some "tail action" is in the pursuit of all dillydally activities!  I'm telling you ... it is a miracle that I finish anything!
But finish we did!  Two pot holders ...
... and two towels!
I find that I really enjoy giving gifts that are designed to be consumable ... you know, used up!  Not all sewing projects need to be heirlooms ... my hope is that by this time next year, her home will need new towels and pot holders! ;-)
The tree is down ... the decorations packed ...
... my final gift of the holiday season goes to our resident crows.
This annual party starts small and then turns into a frenzy ... crows have very poor table manners.  ;-) Within minutes the Gingerbread House is knocked off the deck and the party moves onto the beach!  
Sunset 1.6.2015
Yay!  Now I can move forward ... cannot wait to see what dillydally fun is ahead in 2015!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally



3 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you show us your 007 projects. It gives me ideas for future gifts for friends. I have always wanted to make a gingerbread house. I never new what to do with one after the holidays. Now I know I can give it to a friend that lives in Crowtown (Coshocton) and feed the crows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your comment that not every sewing project needs to be an heirloom. I'm going with that to the next guild meeting. That fat 1/4 I have and love so much will become a "use it right now" gift for someday.

    ReplyDelete