Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Transition

Yesterday was the first day of school for students ... an annual transition ... for the first time in 29 plus years I was not joining in.
The natural world understands transition well ... it is always changing from one season to the next ... evolution is a constant in nature.
For us humans ... even when change is chosen ... transition is filled with mixed emotions.  Gestures of kindness help to soothe anxious feelings.  This lovely bundle of fresh lavender ... balm for the soul.
Having friends who share in the transitional process are priceless.  The greatest desire of every human heart is to be accepted and understood.  What a blessing friends are!
A long walk with kindred spirits ...
... surrounded by nature was a wonderful way to spend the morning!
Add to that fresh baked scones with nagoon berry jelly, wild cranberry cookies and coffee ... yep life is good!
I love teaching.  I love adolescents.  I left while I still looked forward to every Monday.  What a blessing to feel that way at the end of a career, I am so fortunate.  I have always believed in seeking and embracing change ... even though I don't know what is ahead, I am content and happy with my decision.  Onward ... always ... ;-) !
Do what you love.  Embrace change.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
"You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment