Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where Spring Resides...

In the middle of the night (3:30 am to be exact) I woke to the sound of snow sliding off our roof...I was filled with disbelief...it just couldn't be true.

This was the view at 6:30 am...

It was true...it had snowed...about an inch.  But look!  The sky was clearing...the snow will be gone by noon!  Or so I thought...more later.

The quilting community in my isolated corner of the globe is gearing up for our biggest weekend of the year...next weekend is our annual Spring Retreat!  As I've mentioned in earlier posts...we've invited Peggy Gelbrich to come and teach two classes over the weekend.  Beginning Friday night and all day Saturday she will be teaching the Montana Cartwheel.






On Sunday we will learn her techniques for the Hunter's Star.  We are so excited!  To think that we will have a national level teacher...here in Cordova...all to ourselves!  OMGosh!  Can life get any better?  I think not!  I have been so busy with other life tasks that I have yet to begin cutting out both quilts...with only a few days left before Friday...I had better get on it!






Soooo...about 7:30 am the clouds rolled in and it started snowing again...and never stopped.

This was the view from our side deck at 4:30pm this afternoon.  And yes...it is still snowing.  The forecast is for 4 more inches tomorrow, scattered snow showers for Thursday...I don't dare mention Friday's forecast, I'm afraid that I'll jinx it...but the news is good!

Meanwhile...it may not look or feel like spring outdoors, but QBee Sara brought me a bouquet of blueberry blossoms when she came to dinner on Sunday...her kind gesture warms my heart and home just like the sun on a warm spring day...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for the Spring Retreat and Peggy Gelbrich to be in Cordova! Wish I was there for it. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    --Emma

    ReplyDelete