Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Will you be the next convert?

Yesterday I was inspired by an email that I received from a former student who is currently attending college in the Lower 48.  She is far from home...living in a dorm...successful in her academic rigor...but...she misses expressing herself creatively with her hands.  This is a bit of what she said,
"So...I've been thinking a lot about the dilly dally lifestyle and have decided for me that dilly dallying includes just purchasing fabric.  I bought a half a yard of four fabrics and I have no idea what I'm going to do with them.  I'm going against my type A personality!!!  The stash is getting bigger, I have unfinished projects and unused fabrics everywhere, and for the first time, I'm okay with it. :)"
Nearly four years ago, I experienced three life altering events within 6 months...I was forced to reevaluate my life and my values...and slowly I began making small changes.  Changes that brought better balance to my life...and...the concept of dillydallying was born!
I'm so impressed, that as a young woman, she can identify her feelings...respond to her emotions proactively...and stand up to the monster we call guilt! It is comforting to know that our societal future will be led by women like her.
 
A picture of home.

We are told through out our lives not to dillydally...when what we often need is to dillydally!  I was inspired by her email to permanently post the symptoms of a dillydally life in the margin on the right...hopefully it will encourage you to join us...you could be the next convert!

No comments:

Post a Comment