Monday, August 10, 2009

South Metro Bus Tour - Third Shop - 8/7

Welcome to the Eagle Creek Quilt Shop located in this historical train depot. In 2006 I found this shop while visiting Sister DillyDally when she was a student at Gustavus Adolphus College. One day while she was in class I drove up to Shakopee and followed the train tracks until I came to this old depot. The building and location are stunning...so are the treasures you'll find within.
There are samples everywhere...and with the high ceilings they can hang them high...great visual impact.
There are a total of four rooms in this building and each one is packed with creativity.
Lots of piecing going on here...which is my first love when it comes to quilting.
Gosh...this snowman embroidered quilt is showing up everywhere...it is a sign that I need to get mine finished...I only have one block left to do...I need to get on it!
They have a huge selection of felted wool projects...very inspiring.
This is just one section of their batik collection...beautiful samples...
Notice the sample using the Minnesota fabrics...
...gorgeous samples everywhere...
...lovely displays...
...wonderful children's section...
...wonderful time at Eagle Creek. They gave everyone a free pattern for an oil cloth shopping bag. I neglected to take a picture of their oil cloth collection...it was wonderful! It was such a pleasure to revisit this shop...the atmosphere is so inspiring and the staff so personal and thoughtful...I will come back for sure! You can find them at www.eaglecreekquiltshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment