Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bemidji Bound - First Shop - 8/4

First...an apartment update...I left the air filter running all night...when I returned this morning, the apartment was less smelly...so I think the air filter will improve my son's living experience and I will be able to "breathe" easier in Alaska!

Now...on to the Shop Hop! Take a look at Back Porch Quilts! Isn't it just beautiful! It is located just west of Detroit Lakes on Highway 10. Super easy to find!
Quilts, fabric, notions and a place to rest on the porch...this is a bit of quilting heaven!
This picture is taken in the door...look at the site that greets you when you enter...lovely!
The Batik Room...gosh, it was impossible to take a photo that would do justice to the collection of batiks here...
...baby/toddler area...just too sweet...
...huge pattern/book area in the back...Holiday area...fabric collections in front...
...classroom area...stunning sampler...
...big collection of hand embroidery quilts...loved the colors chosen for both of these...
...a block of the month that just screams Mrs. DillyDally! What is a quilter to do?...
...fun to see samples of patterns I've either done or am in the middle of. Such inspiration! I only have one block left to embroider for this quilt...I can do it!
When I was leaving, this bus pulled up. I just had a feeling that Lola and Marcie from Washington might be on there...and they were! It was great to see them again...shop hopping independently is good, but with a group it is great! Surrounded by all the inspiration of others without the worries of driving and directions makes for an even better dillydally day!

Back Porch Quilts is a wonderful place, quilters in the area are so fortunate to have a shop like this near by...you can check them out at www.backporchquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment