Sunday, December 11, 2011

QBee Birthday Breakfast!

We, QBees love to find excuses to celebrate!  Birthdays are a given...both Terry and Barb have December birthdays so we celebrated yesterday by meeting for breakfast!
We had fun ... always ... catching up on one another's lives.  Some had been traveling ... some getting ready to travel ... others expecting company over the holidays ... current gifts we were making ... very busy lives for such a small group!
 Valerie had recently gotten her Cobblestone quilt back from the long arm quilter.  It is a BOM that we participated in through Heavenly Patchwork Quilt Shop a couple of years ago.  The pattern was designed by Sherri Falls of This n' That fame.
The machine quilting is stunning ... wonderful workmanship from a machine quilter that none of us have had quilt for us before.  Valerie is the first in our group to have her top quilted...so it inspired us all to get ours completed ... soon!  I know it has inspired me to pull mine out after Christmas and finish it up! ;-)
I used Minnesota fabric to make Barb and Terry's Tool Kit Mug and Thread Catchers!  I hope they will serve as reminders of the wonderful trip we took together last summer.

December is such a busy month for all the obvious reasons ... at work I am extremely busy with the holidays and the end of the semester just weeks away.  Sew ... when I add to that my 007 projects and the Orca Bay Mystery ... it has been a tad crazy!  But a good crazy!
This sweet little snowmaid keeps my coffee or tea warm while I work frantically on my 007 projects!  Yep ... the caffeine helps me maintain the pace necessary to get this project done on time! ;-)

I am so grateful for the friends in my life ... they are such a source of  inspiration and support ... and their birthdays give us a reason to celebrate together!  What a wonderful way to dillydally!

Do what you love...do dillydally with your friends!





1 comment:

  1. Its so nice that you have a great group of friends. And some wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete