Monday, June 14, 2010

"QBee & Me" - Day 3 - June 5

Country Fabrics & Quilting - Brainerd, MN - Shop 3

I had never been to this shop before ... so it was a new adventure for both Diane and I!
The store front was adorable ... but on a very busy street ...
... so we parked in the back and went in the backdoor ... love it ... just like visiting a friend!
Lucky Stars is an Atkinson pattern ... I've done it three times ... different styles and sizes ... I never tire of seeing another version of a beloved pattern ... it's like seeing a dear friend in a new outfit!
Lots of inspiration found here ...
This was a BOM that Diane and I were unfamiliar with ... lovely floral designs ...
The crazy curves that I made was done in all light neutrals ... it was fun to see one done in dark neutrals ... I think that is why I never tire of all this ... the creative possibilities are endless, aren't they?
Plaids appear to be very popular again ... they've always been dear to me ... these two were made with the flannels that look and feel almost like wool ... heavenly ... we both were struck by them ... very masculine ... hmmmm ... I'm thinking ...
I couldn't find Diane anywhere ... noticed a stairway in the back ... I asked the clerk if there was more upstairs or if it was an office?  She said it was both!  You know in the Wizard of Oz ... when Dorothy  realizes she isn't in Kansas any longer ... that is how it felt as I began to ascend the stairs ... I felt transported .....
Seriously ... I stopped twice going up these stairs ... gawking with my mouth wide open ... good thing there weren't any flies in the shop ... I would have swallowed several!
Wall art ... simple ... but ooohhh ... sssoooo ... stunning!
Diane was already up here ... we were really wishing we had our "twenty-something" daughters and QBees with us!  Wait a minute!  One of the advantages of being our age is we can time travel ... backwards!  
I don't even need to close my eyes in order to return in my mind to that age ... what confuses me is that I can feel twenty-something, but when I look in the mirror ... I look fifty-something!  What's up with that?  I believe in mind over body!  Anyway ... enough whining ... don't you just love the patchwork upholstered chair?  Just too darn awesome!
There was inspiration for every age group on this floor ...
... fabrics ... patterns galore ...
... lots of samples ...
... clothing construction is becoming popular again ... yeah!
Anyone would feel younger and more vibrant surrounded by all this inspiration!  Loved it!


It isn't possible for pictures to capture the energy we felt while there ...
... QBees ... you'll just have to come next summer and see for yourselves!  We loved our visit here ... it was a bit of a drive to get to our final stop of the 2.5 day trip ... so on the road to our final and eleventh quilt shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment