Saturday, June 12, 2010

QBee & Me-Day 3 - June 5

Piecemaker's Quilt Shop - Hackensack - Shop 1

We got up early that Saturday morning and enjoyed a beautiful 2.5 hour drive to Hackensack.  I love driving the back roads whenever possible.  It was lovely ... lakes ... a latte' .... farms ... a QBee in the passenger seat ... forest ... great conversation ... and visions of quilt possibilities bouncing around in our heads.  Dillydally driving is definitely the way to travel ... Diane and I highly recommend it!

Hackensack is a small town (Population 285) located on Hwy 371 and I have been stopping at this shop for years when I travel between the Twin Cities and Bemidji.  This shop is owned by the parents of famed Cotton Tales designer, Pamela Curo!    

These two quilts greet you in the porch as you enter.  Beautiful aren't they?
A few samples of Pam's designs ... gosh ... it is so inspiring to see her design samples ... yes ... I want them all!
I know ... her designs are stunning!
Her designs are very popular in Alaska as well ... especially the wildlife ones ... her father told us that the eagle designs sell like crazy back home ... we weren't a bit surprised!  Pam really captured the freedom they represent.
A portion of her wool designs...
There are beautiful samples in every nook and cranny of the shop...



Another sample of embroidery and piecing...love it!
...simple and stunning...

...another gorgeous Cotton Tales design ...


...tons of patchwork...love it!
Another Cotton Tales design with a Minnesota theme ... I bought the pattern last year ... not very confident with my wool applique' abilities ... when I am ... plan to by the kit ... it is stunning made up!
This is a block of the month they're doing ... can't remember the designer ... yes ... I was tempted ...
...I know ... makes you just want to move in ...
This is the pattern and kit I left with ... the fabric choices are to die for ... it will be fun to piece ... will bring back warm memories of this shop and our "QBee and Me Shop Hop"!  




No comments:

Post a Comment