Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Let the Embroidery Begin!

While the past few days were filled with rain for us at sea level ... the mountain tops received snow!  Jack Frost has begun his migration to our remote corner of the planet!
It was simply beautiful yesterday!  Clear skies and crispy cold!  I had to wear mittens on my walk!  This photo was taken in the late afternoon, as I am still substitute teaching this week.
Last evening was also the second session of the Embroidery and Wool Applique' class I'm teaching.
For demonstration purposes, I completed some of my embroidery in advance.
We discussed stitch choices ...
... and practiced those stitches too!
We explored thread options ...
... and auditioned different colors!
After making stitch and color decisions ... everyone got busy!
Simple drawings coming to life ... the magic of hand embroidery!
By the end of evening ...
... everyone had made great progress!
And most importantly ...
... they were all smiling when class ended!   The next session is in two weeks, allowing for them to nearly complete the embroidery.  Then we get to play with wool that has been felted!  Fun!
I just have to include a few more pictures from yesterday ...
... especially because today we are back to rain and heavy cloud cover!  Great weather to embroider by!  ;-)  Loving life in my remote corner of the planet!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there to take your class!! I used to embroider, but it's been eons ago. Your new cover page is like a painting with the mountains and sky reflecting in the water - so beautiful. Have fun with your embroidery class.

    ReplyDelete