Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recycling...DillyDally Style!

Friday was a gorgeous day here in my remote corner of the planet!  This was the view when I got home from work...about 4:30 in the afternoon!  Our days are getting shorter...it happens very quickly up here!  Before long it will be nearly dark that time of the day!

The first dillydally project this weekend involved recycling. ;-)
Remember these bad boys?  Yep...I am still in love with my Crazy Jacks!  I had about 20 inches of the Candy Corn border left.  Hmmm...hate to leave piecing unused.
So I went to the linen closet and pulled out a couple of dishtowels.  I decided the gold one would work best.
Searched the stash and found some rick rack ... suddenly the gold is looking very dingy... blah...
...so back to digging around in the linen closet! ;-)  Found this neutral gingham check ... loved it!
Here is the finished project ... hanging on the dishwasher ... already in use!  Gosh, repurposing a dishtowel and using leftover patchwork ... feels great!  Recycling is always win/win!

Do recycle...do dillydally!

1 comment:

  1. very clever Mrs. DD....adds a note of festivity to your house!

    ReplyDelete