Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthday Fun with Friends!

I know that I've said it before ... but I have the most wonderful friends!
On Wednesday, friends Barb and Clara surprised me with a birthday lunch of milk shakes and cake!  Wow!  I love this version of nutrition!  Great conversation ... a sugar high ... with dear friends ... it was wonderful!
On Thursday a crew of QBees took me out to lunch ... two of them escaped before we thought to take a photo.  :-(   Lunch was filled with ... tons of giggles ... cookbooks (that's another story for another day) ;-) ... lovely gifts ... and the warmth of friendship.  

QBee Sara, who is currently in Anchorage waiting to give birth to her first child, thought of me and sent a card and gift.  I am touched by such thoughtfulness...
... I am so blessed.  I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the gifts I received, but mostly by the warmth and affection these friends generate in my life ... not only on my birthday ... but each and every day.  My hope is that I am in some way deserving and perhaps do some of the same for them ...

P.S.  Every member of the DillyDally family also spoiled me on my big day ... they are a blessing too!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Looks like a fabulous celebration with dear friends and terrific gifts! :D

    ReplyDelete