Monday, February 5, 2018

Iceworm Festival 2018

It is a fact ... I love and appreciate my community!  I am proud to be a Cordovan and make no apologies for unabashedly declaring my appreciation for where I live! 
We just spent the past week celebrating our annual Iceworm Festival!  The theme this year was, Aloha Iceworm!
The week was filled with events ... one of my favorites is the Survival Suit Race!  Teams are timed while they put on survival suits, dive in and swim to a life raft!  Love this ... as it represents our lifestyle here on Prince William Sound.
For me ... the festival is all about Cordova's children!  I love the way our community values its children ... and it is especially evident during the Iceworm Parade!  Here the girls basketball team carries the parade banner!
Float built annually by one of our local daycare centers!  Such a valuable part of our community!
The cheerleading squad displays the festival theme for 2018!
A "school" of Cordova's "small fry"!  Melts my heart ... Cordova cuteness ... so sweet!
More kids ... celebrating our version of winter fun!
Miss Iceworm and her court ride atop the fire truck! 
The DillyDally children have grown ... Mr. and I shared the parade with a friend!  Baby Iceworm poses for pictures with adults too!
The star of the parade is our big Iceworm!  His many legs belong to Cordova's children! 
Communities everywhere find unique ways to celebrate and define their identity ... here is a glimpse of how we accomplish that here in my remote corner of the planet!

Do what you love!  Celebrate your community!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: