Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Little Something - Sew Very Wonderful!

Here in DillyDallydom we are celebrating!
A dear friend and designer, Roseann Meehan Kermes' first book with Martingale Publishing has recently been released!  Yep ... we are doing a happy dance!
How cute is this!
I ordered my copy directly from Roseann and have been anxiously anticipating its arrival!  Monday evening we checked our P.O. box ... and there it was! You can order a copy here!  Roseann traveled to Cordova last summer and taught at our guild's 30th Anniversary event, details here and here.  At that time, she shared that this book would be coming ... I've been excited ever since!  As a gift, she included two little kits to get me started!  How wonderful!
Yesterday, I ignored my obligations and immediately pulled out the kits ... gathered the equipment and supplies ... and got busy!
Just like Roseann, the directions are clear and easy to follow.  She has included many tips and techniques that are very useful when working with wool applique'!  I began by making the strawberry blossom pins!  They are sew dang cute ... delightful to make!
The second kit was the scissor fob ... sew very sweet!  Fun and easy to make!
Every project in this book in very user friendly!  Small projects that will make thoughtful gifts and beautiful items for everyone's home!
Girlfriend DD with Roseann
I met Roseann years ago while on a quilt shop hop bus tour in 2009.  She followed my blog then (I had under 10 followers that entire first year) and empowers everyone around her!  A true kindred spirit, she immediately understood my dillydally philosophy!  She is so generous with her talent and encouragement!  I am so very excited for her and this chapter in her life!  
Her projects in this book are small is size, but they carry a huge impact!  This afternoon, I have a "dillydally playdate" with my WBees (Wool Buddies) and will begin another "little something"!  Stay tuned!

Do what you love!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great book, thanks for sharing it with us.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete