Thursday, September 8, 2016

Traveling within Alaska!

Yesterday was a travel day!  I was asked to teach a few classes at the Valdez Quilt Festival this year ... the event begins today!
There is only one way to get to Valdez from my remote corner of the planet ... and that is by sea!
Check-in time yesterday morning was 4:00 am ... I was there, packed and ready ... but very blurry eyed!  That is a brutal time of day!  But we had a gorgeous day to be on Prince William Sound!
It was a 13.5 hour trip ... lots of time to dillydally!  I worked on a couple of hand applique' blocks!
And it was sunny!  QBees Terry and Barb are also attending ... I love traveling with these two!  Yep ... we had to wear our sunglasses while dillydallying!
Every hour or so we'd get up ... walk around the ship ... take pictures ... it is so fun to travel by ferry!  at 6:45 we arrived in Valdez ... and went out for dinner!
Additional fun begins today!  I begin by teaching a beginning piecing class ... Patchwork Primer!  I heard last night that the class is small ... perfect for new quilters!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: