Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Happy Take a Hike Day!

With a puppy, every day is "Take a Hike Day", but yesterday I discovered it was an official day!  If we can make a ordinary day a holiday ... I'm in!   It is how a DillyDally rolls!
Winter has arrived here in my remote corner of the planet.  The pups and I planned to hike at our favorite "off leash" spot.
We discovered that around four inches of snow had fallen since our last visit ... what fun!
Ah-oh ... Mrs. Moose and her little one had the same plans!  Fortunately I saw her before I had let the pups loose.  More people are harmed by moose every year than grizzly bears ... cows with calves are especially dangerous!  Yikes.  I turned the car around.
About a quarter of a mile ... look who shows up?  Yep ... Mr. Moose!  We are NOT going to attempt to share this hike with him either!  The puppies were confused ... they knew where we were ... and couldn't understand why I hadn't let them out of the vehicle.  I couldn't calm them down ... so I just started singing Christmas Carols!  It worked!  They stopped fussing ... I kept singing ... all while I put three miles between us and the moose.
I decided to let them out and walk on the main road where there was a bit of traffic.  Hoping that a few cars now and then had kept the wildlife far out in the woods!
The pups were so happy to get out and run!  Their first romp in soft, fluffy snow!
They are such fun ... puppy antics are powerful entertainment ... love these snow puppies!
We have been in a deep freeze ... 12 degrees yesterday on this walk ... 2 degrees this morning!  Very unusual this time of year for our remote corner of the planet.  But I am a four seasons kind of girl ... I love it!
Our days are short ... sunset began at 3:30 ...
... and set at 4:00.
"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?  
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight,
Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland."

Do what you love.  Believe in the miracle of Christmas Carols!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally



1 comment:

  1. Hee-hee!
    The puppies look like they are having the time of their life in the snow.
    What energy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete