Friday, August 29, 2014

Making Sunshine!

We've had several coastal storms pass through this week ... here in DillyDallydom, we learned long ago how to create our own sunshine!
Princess Flicka comforts herself by excessive napping ... in her own recliner ... with her special quilt. Yep, she insists on the royal treatment and receives it! ;-)
My weekly dillydally playdate with Barb C. provides much needed sunshine!  This week she shared a new BOM that she recently joined.  She received the first block kit this week and has already made great progress!
While we sipped tea and discussed all of the world's concerns, she worked on this wool appliqué project.  So inspiring ... tis the season to work with wool!
Sunshine in a postal box!
I wonder if they packaged the box this way deliberately ... sew fun ... I am going to believe they did!  Yep ... that is Princess Elsa peeking to see where she has arrived!
I love all things that Kim Diehl creates ... and just had to have bits of her Vintage Farmhouse fabric!
Confession ... back to Princess Elsa and Anna ... I didn't buy just one panel ... I bought yardage!  Flicka approves and I make no apologies!  Too fun and loads of self-made sunshine!
When there is a break in the weather, Kysa and I work in a walk.  We usually end up a bit damp ... no sunshine to be seen ... but there is sun shining in our hearts!

Do what you love.  Shine.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

2 comments: