Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bunny Inspired Goodness

In my remote corner of the planet ... the weather is often severe.  Yesterday and today we have had hurricane force winds and received over 10 inches of rain.  Yep, Mother Nature is in a feisty mood!   When this happens, I often escape to The Net Loft ... our local needlework and gift shop!
Yesterday was an especially wonderful day at The Net Loft ... we were celebrating with blackberry topped carrot cake, low-bush cranberries, and Camomile Tea.
This little slug was a guest of honor ... we were celebrating the launch of "Skeins in the Stacks"!  Local librarian, Anna, has used her talent to produce beautiful gift items and hand-dyed, literature themed yarn!
For her first line of yarn, she used her lifelong love of The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter.  The baby blanket in the foreground was hers.  Just so sweet.
This colorway is titled "The little jacket and the shoes".
Inspiration coming directly from the text and illustrations.  Lovely.
This color is called "Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail".
It is simply wonderful.
And this one ... Camomile Tea.
Just like the tea, soothing in every way.
This color was created by our local low-bush cranberries ... "First Frost Cranberries" is beautiful!
Whimsical kittens and dolls ... each handmade ...
... and filled with personality.  Just precious.
Mr. Slug joined in as we relaxed and bathed in all the creativity and inspiration Anna's talent provided.  What a blessing to be surrounded by such talent and to have a local shop owner who encourages and celebrates the talent in her community!  I just love my remote corner of the planet!
It was difficult to choose ... but I ended up bringing home the Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail in laceweight Angora.  I am not an experienced lace knitter, but KBee Val tells me she has a pattern I can manage!  Plus ... I had to buy the Angora ... yarn inspired by bunny literature had to be made with bunny fibers!
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for Anna as she begins this journey.  Her talent is incredible ... her creations reflect her sense of whimsy ... her kind heart inspires us as much as her handwork!
A lovely cup of wonderful.
Congratulations Anna!  Thank you for sharing your many talents with us!
Do what you love.  Be a good little bunny!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I loved reading those books to my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. DillyDally,

    You are too kind for words. I love you.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete