Monday, April 9, 2012

WOW! What a Dillydally Day!

Well ... my heart rate has returned to normal!  Sew has my breathing!  I haven't checked my blood pressure, but it usually isn't a problem.  Yep ... my 13 minutes of fame has come and gone ... life has returned to normal in my remote corner of the planet!  ;-)

Remember, as children we would watch the clock the last hour of school everyday ... and the minute hand never seemed to move at all ... it was always the longest hour of the day!  That is exactly what this morning felt like ... it seemed like it was taking forever for noon to arrive!

So in true dillydally fashion ... to reduce my stress and help the time pass ... I decided to sew! 
Since my segment of the radio show was about quilting and living in Alaska ... I wanted to sew something that had an Alaskan theme.  The Forget-Me-Not is Alaska's state flower.  It can grow in extreme conditions ... and its fragrance is lovely.
I made this quilt to commemorate Alaska's 50th year of statehood.  

The alternating squares are of stenciled Alaskan wildflowers.  This is a close up of the Forget-Me-Not block.  

Oh ... how I love this small and simple flower.  I used them in my wedding and collect any and every fabric I find with Forget-Me-Nots on it!  Sew ... this morning I pulled some of those fabrics out ...
And made an Alaskan themed cup cozy and embellished it with my dillydally quote, "Do what you love!"
"Do dillydally!"  This cup cozy along with a can of smoked Copper River salmon (caught by Brother DillyDally) will be given to one of you!  All you have to do is leave a comment on any post dated April 9th - 13th.  In my efforts to promote the dillydally lifestyle, your comment must reference your favorite "You know you're a dillydallier when" characteristics listed on the right hand column.  On Saturday a winner will be drawn and announced!  This salmon and small quilt tool caddy from Alaska could be yours!

I knew Pat Sloan was a dillydallier when she posted this picture of herself recently.  Yep...as soon as I saw it I knew we were kindred spirits!  If you follow the link, you'll understand immediately what I mean!  She is such an incredible person and immediately made me feel comfortable!  The podcast is now available here.  Scroll down the page until you see the player ... click on the play button!  Super easy!

What a wonderful, crazy, over the top, super dillydally day!  Thanks for sharing it with me!
Do what you love!  Forget-Me-Not!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally



10 comments:

  1. You know you` re a dlily dallier when you make reading blogs a priority over whatever else is staring you in the face and you tell yourself that you always work best under pressure [ tomorrow].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waited in anticipation for your segment....the sewing in the morning must have created that calmness that came through! You are a natural because you are :).....thanks for spreading your joy of quilting and being an inspiration to your students!Me again....ps you know you're a dilly dallier when you only work on what feels good at the moment! Today it was ironing scraps!? and listening to the radio segment......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...You only work on what feels good at the moment...that's why my house looks like it does! You did a great job today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you are a dilly dallier when you only complete projects when there is the urge to do so!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After working all day and then doing errands for others after work, getting home about 9:45 p.m. and you sit down in front of the computer to listen to Mrs. DillyDally on Pat Sloan's podcast, with your feet up, just listening, doing nothing else at the time, you know you are a dilly dallier enjoying the moment.

    You did great on the show, and I am glad your heart rate and breathing are back to normal... You sounded like a pro!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved listening to you on Pat Sloan's podcast ~ cool lady! You know you're a dillydallier when ..You no longer associate guilt with dillydallying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you're a quilt rock star!! I know I'm a dillydallier when I start a 1500 piece button puzzle when I need to clean the house for Easter. ha! Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt with all of the Alaskan wildflowers is gorgeous. Just listened to your radio interview -- you are a rock star!!! You did an awesome job.

    You know you're a dillydallier when you can spend an entire afternoon (or perhaps an entire day!?) going through your stash admiring colors, fabrics, fibers, projects and love every minute of it!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listened to your radio interview today. Feel like I know someone famous, even though I just know you through the blogs. Maybe I can meet you this summer when you come to Minnesota. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Alaska wildflower quilt is lovely. I also love forget-me-nots; they keep popping up in my garden in Maine, so I plant around them :).

    I'm 5 out of 8 on your "you know you're a Dillydallier" list; the one that fits me best right now is "..,you begin new projects on a whim".

    Looking forward to listening to your interview with Pat.

    ReplyDelete