Monday, April 23, 2012

Touched by Kindness

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it lately ...
Front deck 4.22.12
... I love my dillydally life.  Six years ago, when I began developing the dillydally approach to living ... I had no idea so many acts of kindness would touch this simple life of mine.

For example ... I have met some amazing people through this extremely humble blog ... one in particular is Susan.  I met her while doing the Orca Bay Mystery ... through Bonnie's link up events.  We started communicating, she follows my blog and I hers.  Out of nowhere ... the other day ... she awarded Dilly-dally Days the Liebster Award!
This award is an avenue by which small bloggers (under 200 followers) can recognize and show appreciation for one another.  I understand that it began in Germany and that "liebster" means favorite or dearest.  Well ... I am always amazed that anyone reads all my nonfunsense, let alone follows it! ;-)  I am so touched by Susan's gesture of kindness.

There are rules that come with this award ... now normally when I hear the word "rules" defiance rises to the surface!  But in this instance ... I love these rules!

  1. Thank the blogger that presented you with this award!  We dillydallies are all about showing appreciation!  It is the dillydally way!  I cannot begin to thank Susan enough ... she has touched my heart!
  2. Link back to the blogger that awarded you!  Absolutely!  You will love Susan and her quilting just as I do!  Please explore her blog!  Please follow her blog!
  3. Copy and paste the blog award to your blog.  Are you kidding?  Not only will I do that ... I might just tattoo it on my forehead!  Hmmm...maybe that is a bit extreme...will think about it though! ;-)
  4. Reveal your five blog nominees, each with fewer than 200 followers.  This is the most difficult rule.  But I love the idea of passing kindness on to others ... just tough to choose five.
  5. Let them know you've chosen them!  Easy squeezy ... love to bring others good news!
So ... after much contemplation ... wish I could nominate all the blogs I read with under 200 followers ... here are only 5 of my many favorites!
Three of these blogs have under 10 followers ... I remember how long it took for me to have 10 followers ... I celebrated that day!  Last week I reached 80 followers and nearly fainted!  It was like winning the lottery!
Sheridan River 4.22.12
I think ... are you surprised? ;-)  Some bloggers have thousands of followers, some have only a few ... what really matters is that we all have a voice ... and a life ... that we share.  Relationships are everything.  When we reach the end of this journey ... we won't be thinking about the number of followers we had ... we'll be thinking about those who shared the journey with us.  Thank you Susan ... for sharing your journey and having an interest in mine ... I treasure your kindness and your friendship.
Do what you love.  Choose kindness!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
Sorry...but I just couldn't have a post without a picture of Flicka! ;-)  

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. . . I'm so excited. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I read that you nominated my blog, along with with my friend's blog Sweet Peas and Possum, in your five picks. WooHoo! Coincidentally, tomorrow is my birthday; thank you for the wonderful present! I'm planing to celebrate my day in the dilly-dally way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you make me wish I had a blog of my own.
    Flicka is so cute. She is getting big and beginning to lose some of her baby features already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and thank you so much for your touch of kindness. Look forward to visiting the bloggers you chose. I'm sure they are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just writing to say THANK YOU for the cup cozy and canned salmon. They were packed so well and the fact that you took time to send a card with the gift really made my day. I will put the cozy to work and finish off the salmon with great relish!

    Congrats on receiving the Liebster Award! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love your blog and look forward to seeing the view of Alaska fom your deck. Flick is a wonderful addition and looks very happy and interested in all the dilly-dallying that goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award.
    I read your blog regularly. Today i will become a follower. I didn't realize it meant so much to you.
    Thank you for sharing you world with others. I enjoy hearing from you and need to make more time for dilly dally days.
    Now I'm going to check out Susan's blog too.

    Christine
    Nelson4277@q.com

    ReplyDelete