Thursday, March 7, 2019

Foo-Whee Fun!

Here in my remote corner of the planet, I wear some form of mitten 9 months of the year!  When Mother Nature is blasting us with her coldest efforts, I always reach for a pair of Foo-Whee (thrummed) mittens!  They are heaven on the hands ... and a hoot to make!  Each time I knit a pair, I have a permanent smile on my face!  Creating something so practical ... yet comes with a chuckle!  Perfect dillydally activity!
Time passes so quickly ... I couldn't believe it had been 4 years since I had taught others to make their own Foo-Whee mitts!  These mittens are even more fun to knit with others ... click this link for proof!
Yep ... it was time to share the fun with others once more!  Snoopervisor Flicka agreed!
Working up samples for the class ... lots of smiles in the process!  Foo-Whee Mission II was ready to begin!
Participants came with the ribbing done so that we could dive directly into the fluffy silliness! 
It is so inspiring to see the color choices others make!  The first session of this class focuses on the thrumming technique and creating a thumb gusset.  We are so fortunate that our LYS, The Net Loft, provides us with the tools, supplies and space to learn and create! 
The second session is all about crowning the mitt, creating the thumb, and finishing techniques!
It is so rewarding to see the progress made by everyone!  Each mitt is beautiful!
These mitts come with personality ... each having their own sense of humor!  I have been making thrummed mittens for 30+ years and they still tickle my funny bone!  My hope is that this technique brings years of knitting giggles to every participant in the class!  May their Foo-Whee mitts "live long and prosper"!

Star Date 3.02.2019:  Foo-Whee Mission II Accomplished
Do what you love!  Share the fun!  Do dillydally!
Captain DillyDally

1 comment: