Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Auction Items!

Long time readers know that a vital part of my dillydally lifestyle revolves around our local quilt guild!  The guild sponsors up to $2500 in scholarships each year ... our primary fundraiser is our annual Tea & Auction.  You can learn and see more about this event here on our guild blog.
Each year members volunteer to decorate a table. I usually go with a Thanksgiving theme because I love using my Pumpkin Party table topper by This n' That patterns.
The guild did something new this year ... we added a silent auction table!  I made this Bubbly Bag by Terry Atkinson.  I came across this new pattern and fabric while traveling in Minnesota last month!  It is such fun to make ... I see myself making many more!  For the auction, I added a bottle of sparkling cider ... too fun!
This table runner all started with a charm pack.  It was one of those packs that had very little color range ... white and a very light tint of both blue and grey.  Every print in the collection had a light silver glitter coating ... very pretty ... I do love glitter!
I found just the pattern from Heather Mulder Peterson's book, The Trendy Table.  I chose a dark grey, linen-look background and silver metallic thread to quilt it.
I was happy with the results!  Somewhat contemporary looking.  I liked that it didn't feel limited to use only during the holiday season, it was more of a winter theme.
Peek-a-boo ... look at who sees you! ;-)  Many quilters are fans of Tula Pink!  Her designs and color palette are inspiring and always unusual!
One of my favorite places in Minnesota is Millie P's Quilt Shop!  They had a sample of this bag made with Tula Pink's fabric ... sew ... I made one!  It is a Sandra Workman pattern called the Improv Bag.  It is fairly large ... about 15 inches high and 16 inches wide.
I broke into a Kim Diehl fat quarter pack and pieced this star struck tree!  Little pieces, but oh sew much fun to make!
This block is part of a table topper in her new book, Simple Christmas Tidings.  I took the block and made into a small wall quilt.  I like the results so much ... would like to make another one for myself!
How fun is this Holiday fabric?!  I love it!  It makes me giggle!  I found this print during my recent travels as well!
It came with a couple of coordinating prints and I turned all three into a reversible apron!  I didn't use a purchased pattern as I used my own custom-fit apron design.

Here are pics of my items on display at the auction.
I forgot to get a good picture of the apron.  But more importantly, I neglected to get a good picture of the library book bag in the right hand corner of this picture!  The Cat in the Hat bag was made and donated by my friend Mary Ellen!  It was so generous of her ... plus it went for a very good price and will be used and enjoyed by a child here in Cordova!


This event is always a pleasure to be involved in!  The guild was successful in reaching their financial goals!  I am so grateful to those who organize this event ... friends and members who make and donate beautiful items ... and a community that attends and supports our scholarship efforts.

Loving life in my remote corner of the planet!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you were busy!
    All of your projects are beautiful, and very generous of you to do this for an auction.
    I especially love the Tree quilt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete