Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Catching Up!

I have been traveling ... internet has been limited and most of the time unavailable.  Makes me giggle when I think about how the word "remote" has different connotations!  Technology keeps me from feeling isolated from the world while living in a remote corner of the planet.  When technology isn't available to me in the "real world", I often find myself feeling very isolated!  See?  Too funny!
 It was a busy dillydally weekend before I left home!  Barb and I squeezed in one last dillydally playdate before she leaves for the winter!  I refer to her as my Snowbird Buddy!  I will miss our weekly gatherings ... but am so excited about her plans for the winter!
We also celebrated a QBee Birthday!  Always fun to catch up on everyone's life!  I treasure the time I spend with this crew!  We showered Diane with gifts and affection!  We also celebrated that her first grandson will be arriving any day!
A lot of the weekend was spent with Her Majesty as I finished up auction items for our Guild's annual fundraiser!
"Surely she won't interrupt my supervisory nap and apply the binding to this project?"
"I'm going to stand my ground."
"Supervisors must remain firm!"  I swear, I live with the silliest kitty!  But I was leaving in a few days ...
... and projects had to be finished!  Table runner?  Check!
While working on this wall quilt ... the song, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah was spinning around in my head!  "Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder, ...."!  Love that song!
Flicka favored the blue bird too!  "My oh my, what a wonderful day!"
My furry task master checking to make sure the quilting lines are straight!
"Plenty of sunshine coming my way!  Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay"!  I had great fun making this happy quilt!  Wall quilt?  Check!
I found three wine-themed fat quarters, and a couple of tea towels in my stash.  Used the fat quarters to decorate the towels and made two over-sized potholders.  Simple household items that would make a nice gift!  Third auction item?  Check!  I missed attending the Tea & Auction, but hope those who purchased these items will enjoy them!
Prepared the samples for my Foo-Whee class in Idaho!
Made progress on another pair on mittens!  It is mitten season!  Am looking forward to the first snow fall!
Oh ... how I miss ...
... my fur babies!
There ... now you're caught up on what took place in DillyDallydom before I left!  I've enjoyed a busy week in South Dakota and arrived in Chicago today!
Until next time ...
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. Great projects!
    Flicka must've known you were leaving and stuck close. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete