Friday, July 18, 2014

A Week of This and That

Our days quickly turn into weeks ... and I catch myself wondering how that happened ... where did the week go?  Because my little "point & click" camera is with me most of the time, I have some record of what I've been up to.  A little bit of this ... and a little bit of that.
Monday morning walk ... a beautiful, warm day.
Kysa cooling off in the cold lake water.  The water has become a cloudy jade color because glacier fed streams run into the lake.  Lakes fed by glacier water stay very cold ... great when a furry friend needs to cool down!
Flicka adjusting the quilt layout ... such a silly kitty! ;-)
Progress made on the lace cardigan I'm knitting.
Another morning walk.
Supervisor Flicka ... still not sure about the layout ... decided to sleep on it.
This small island was hosting a morning conference Wednesday ...
... several bald eagles were in attendance ...
... I found a total of four in and amongst the trees ... they were a very noisy bunch ...
... apparently Mrs. Eagle did not want to share her salmon meal.   Sorry the pics are fuzzy ... my camera is a very modest one and I am no photographer!
Wednesday is dillydally playdate day!  Barb brought "show n' tell"!  Look at this adorable tooth fairy pocket pillow she made for a special first grader who will be losing those baby teeth soon!
And she finished putting on the borders on her "Big Fish, Little Fish" quilt!
The quilt lay out finally met with Flicka's approval!  She is such a perfectionist! ;-)
Thursday morning ... sweatshirt weather.
The fireweed is beautiful ... even on cool and cloudy days.
My sweet Kysa ... the best walking partner ever!
One mitten done ... progress on the second one!
Friday morning ... I've got sunshine ...
... on a cloudy day!
Flicka and I began piecing the quilt!  Evidently she is worried about my ability to maintain a true quarter inch seam! ;-)
Mr. DillyDally's workplace held a potluck and silent auction this evening.  I offered this certificate ...
... along with this casserole cover.
Such fun!  I was thrilled with how many $$$ it went for!  All for a very good cause!  A large potluck ... friendly competition ... and great conversation!  What a great way to end a week of "this and that"!

Do what you love.  Do a bit of this and that.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a very busy week. No wonder they seem to fly by! I just love the pictures of Flicka. She is a helpful, adorable cat. If/When I get up to see you will you make me some caramel rolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you come to visit DillyDallydom ... I will make you all the caramel rolls you can eat!

      Delete