Monday, March 10, 2014

Everything in Place!

Between work, a basketball tournament, and life in general … I would grab segments of time here and there this past week to continue my efforts in reorganizing my our ( mine and Flicka's) "happy place"!
This isn't the type of weather that usually inspires me to take photos from the front deck … but snow mixed with rain, is the perfect excuse weather to hole up send me into the depths of the sewing room!

Once all the books had been organized by designer or category …
… it was time to tame tackle the individual patterns.
Going through all of the patterns (and books) was like visiting with old friends.  I did do a bit of purging, but honestly … I want to use them all!
Flicka was ever present … watching my every move … disrupting assisting in multiple ways! ;-)
The worst part about reorganizing is the mess that is made while going through everything!  Flicka loves "messy" and found all sorts of treasure to get into!  I love her companionship and her shenanigans!  A constant source of entertainment!
We stuck with it … it took all day … and yep, it was exhausting!  No naps for me … supervising must be especially taxing. ;-)
Hello cutting mat … gosh it feels like forever since I last saw you!
"Her Majesty" can breathe freely again!   There is a place for everything and everything is in its place … feels wonderful!  Now … instead of avoiding the room, I don't want to leave!  I am so happy to have this done!  A side benefit to doing this was finding forgotten projects … some very near completion!  Looks like there is a new stocking cap in Brother's near future! ;-)

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish my sewing room was more organized. When I retired, I was going to do that first thing, but it is still waiting for me. I like your clear bins with signs and note tags for the books. Good ideas! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete