Friday, August 17, 2018

Transitions!

Transitions are a constant in our lives.  I have been thinking about that concept ... a lot.
Spring arrived about three weeks later than usual.  Our summer has been especially wet and cool.
Here in my remote corner of the planet ... when the Fireweed blossoms reach the top of the plant, it is believed to mark the end of summer.  I love the way this photo includes the flower while the approach of fall is reflected in the obvious color changes taking place in the background. A simple picture that captures a much larger concept!
Just as nature continually moves from one season to another ... we are evolving as well.  Change is constant.
I began this blog in 2009 with the sole purpose of encouraging my friends to one day join me on a quilting adventure.  Since then it has evolved into a personal journal ... one that I have neglected for the past 18 months.
I regret that ... I don't want my memories or experiences to be forgotten.  I am relying on the permanence of the internet.  While many complain and warn us that what is posted on the internet cannot be undone, I welcome that!  My hope is that future great, great grandchildren who are curious can find my mostly mundane musings and get a glimpse of me and my dillydally life!
Gratitude and acceptance consistently allow me to embrace the transitions in my life.  I do not consider myself a writer ... nor a photographer ... I am not necessarily an artist of any kind.  But I do have strong feelings about my dillydally lifestyle! 
Journaling is always something that I have done ... even as a child ... and so I have missed blogging.  As an example ... this summer was filled with amazing experiences that deserve to be recorded here.  I intend to do just that.  Many of my upcoming posts will not be chronological ... things may seem disjointed until I finish with a bit of catch up posts!
Blogging has brought many blessings into my life ... I am so very grateful!  And ... if my very simple journal/blog encourages or inspires another to adopt my dillydally principles ... that would be wonderful!
So ... in my dillydally life it is possible to appreciate what has been and embrace the changes that are coming! Taking my cue from Mother Nature ... I choose to celebrate transition!  It will be exciting to see what's around the corner ... I'm in love with my dillydally journey!  Thanks for joining me!

Do what you love!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

2 comments:

  1. I love how you unfolded your journey for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and seeing all of the beautiful pics of your corner of the world, and also what adventures you are always up to!
    Please keep blogging!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete