Wednesday, March 14, 2018

March Madness!

It is March ... and there is madness here in DillyDallydom ... but not of the basketball variety.
We watch some sports, but Nissa is the current crazy sports fan in the family ... she loves to watch her canine friends run the Iditarod!  Mr. and I enjoy following the race as well ... but mostly we enjoy Nissa's enthusiasm!  Everytime the dogs are on ... she runs over to the television ... sometimes jumping up on the cabinet ... barking to cheer them on!  It is the cutest!
While digging in my stash to knit my new mitts last week ... I came across a few WIPs (works in progress.  Ok ... I admit ... more than a few!  On Saturday, snow was falling from the sky ...
... a perfect day to add thumbs to this pair of mittens!
These are made with worsted weight yarn so progress was made relatively quickly!
Sunday morning they received a bubble bath ...
... and were even baptized by fresh falling snow!
Here they are ... dry and ready for wear.
Finishes always feel so good ... now what to do with them?
One of my former girl scouts is in charge of a local silent auction ... it is for a good cause!  Makes my heart so happy to see my scouts continue serving their community as adults!  Makes this donation twice the fun for me!
My March Mitten madness had set in ... I pulled out the next WIP Sunday afternoon ... another pair of mittens!  Whenever I knit, Flicka is nearby!
She never bothers my knitting but loves to pull my tools out of the bag and tries to run off with them!  Those stitch markers are just too tempting to resist!  Because I had to keep one eye on Flicka, I neglected to take a pic of the next pair of mittens.  Yep, she is a distraction ... and I love it!  One mitt was knit but needed a thumb and the other was half knit.  My fervor to finish another pair of mittens was a wonderful way to spend a snowy Sunday.
On Monday we woke to a beautiful day!  I finished the second pair of mittens in the morning!
Nissa and I enjoyed a long sun-filled walk ... perfect outdoor conditions are never wasted!
I designed and started these mitts back in 2008 ... yep, ten years ago!  My favorite quilt designs have star motifs and that was my thought while charting this mitten.  When finishing them, I decided to call them "Quilter's Mitts"!
I never tire of how hand knit items respond to blocking!
Yep ... I guess that is all part of the madness!
These will be gifted!
A nonknitter QBee had a birthday ... time for a lunch date!  These mitts waited 10 years just so they could eventually belong to her ... makes my heart so very happy!  These cards crack me up ... we both remember women sewing this and men wearing it!  Yikes!  Scary fashions in the 70's!!! 
Today slush fell from the sky and turned everything into a mess ... albeit a beautiful mess!
The March Mitten Madness continues ... this pair are next on the agenda!

Do what you love!  Go mad over it!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. The mittens are all so pretty.
    I'm glad you have supervision while you knit. ;)
    Nissa is cute watching the TV.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete