Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crazy Fun!

The start of the school year has meant very little time for dillydallying.  Sew ... by Saturday ... I was ready to go CRAZY! ;-)
My local guild was hosting our annual Fall Retreat!  The timing and retreat theme couldn't have been more perfect!  "Crazy Shortcut Quilts" with designer, Marguerita McManus!
The only supplies required were a precut layer cake and 1 yard of coordinating fabric!  I had one remaining layer cake of Me and My Sister's Dilly Dally fabric!  This is the last of this Dilly Dally fabric in my stash!  Oh my ... now I wish I had bought more.  See?  Lesson learned.  I can never have enough of the fabrics I love! ;-)
I sliced ... I diced ... I ate ... I giggled ... and by the end of the day I had all twenty blocks pieced and layered!  I was ready to begin quilting!
Sunday ... what a beautiful day!
This is a "quilt-as-you-go" technique ... such fun!  I chose to use a straight stitch because my prints are so busy!  Before long they were done and ready to trim!
Time to plan a layout ...
... then attach the connecting strips!  Fun!  Crazy too!

Add the binding ... DONE!  I'm telling you ... this technique is a ton of fun!  Crazy fun!
Here is what the back looks like.  I didn't really plan it out very well ... but it is fine.  I am totally ok with it! ;-)
I was excited to get it home and washed ... I think quilts look better after they're washed.  I am very happy with the results!
I love these fabrics!  They make me smile!
Marguerita has had four books published, these are the two I purchased!  Lots of inspiration!  Lots of crazy fun in my future!
Do what you love.  Go crazy!  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally




No comments:

Post a Comment