Saturday, August 8, 2009

Third Store - 7/31

Our third stop was the Fat Quarter Quilt Shop in Coon Rapids. I will be able to find this shop easily as I drive by when returning to Minneapolis from my brother's place in Bemidji! It is located in a cute strip mall...coffee shop...yarn shop...bead shop...everything we dillydallyers enjoy! Toooo much fun!
What wonderful women! The owners are the women on the left and right, a mother and daughter-in-law team! I know...we all hope our sons are as smart and worthy! The woman in the middle is Mary, she served as the "Bus Mom" on my second tour (8/7) and we got to know one another well...not because of my delightful personality, but because I was always the last one back on the bus. She is a delight, very kind and patient! The woman on the right was the one who organized the Metro Bus Tours. I can only imagine what a huge job that was...her efforts were appreciated by the many who attended. Thank you!
These are their samples using the 2009 MN Shop Hop fabrics! Lovely! The quilt is a Terry Atkinson pattern. I bought the kit...think it will make a great graduation quilt for my nephew!
My Quilt Buddies and I are huge fans of This n' That patterns by Sherry Falls so I just had to take a picture of this rack...and yes girlfriends...I'm coming home with more!
Samples, samples every where....
...love it...love it...love it...
...there is noooo such thing as toooo many samples! What a great shop! Hope you enjoyed your visit...I sure did! You can visit them on line at www.fatquarter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment