Sunday, August 9, 2009

On to Moorhead/Fargo - 8/3

Monday, it was on to Moorhead/Fargo to check out Brother DillyDally's apartment. He attends college in Moorhead and has decided to live off campus. I keep telling myself that this apartment is a diamond in the rough...but right now it is pretty rough. I spent all day looking for the things that will make this apartment inhabitable...mattress...shelves...water filters...cleaning supplies...curtain rods...air filter...silverware...I could go on and on...it was exhausting and my usual optimism was waning...I needed a pick-me-up. It was too late in the day for caffeine, so I chose my second drug of choice...fabric!
Location is everything, isn't it! The Quilted Ladybug is right near Target! I was exhausted and crabby...as soon as I parked in the Ladybug lot I felt better! The inspiration found inside was just what I needed!
This shop never disappoints me...it is lovely! I was thrilled to see that they had expanded since my last visit! This shop has always done a great job of inspiring baby/toddler quilts...with several friends becoming grandparents, it was fun to pay particular attention to this area.
I have always appreciated how this store organizes their fabrics...it makes browsing so much easier for me. This is a shot of the general fabrics organized by color...
...area of 30's retro fabric...
...lovely batik section...
...Minnesota Shop Hop fabrics and samples...
...samples of kits...
...sale items on table and fabric basics...
...Christmas section. This quilt is made up from a line of holiday fabric I had never seen before...gorgeous stuff...the pattern book that goes with it is incredible. The fabric line and book were highlighted in many of the shops I visited. Did I buy any? No, I found it all a bit overwhelming...need to sit on it for a while...before I take the big bite. Hee-hee!

My visit to The Quilted Ladybug worked! The staff there were very enjoyable and helpful...just what I needed! I walked out of there with treasures and my "can do" attitude restored. Their website is www.quiltedladybug.com A bit of dillydally can be very healing...give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment