Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Week in Review!


It has been a crazy, but fun week here in dillydallydom!  It was a week of very cool temperatures and lots of "liquid sunshine"!  When you live in a temperate rain forest, that is what we call rain!  Perfect dillydally weather.
Last Saturday, I gave a demonstration on how to make the "Cup Cozy" at the Cordova Quilter's Hideout!
They really are useful and a ton of fun.  I had been using this one for my knitting tools ... it is now empty as my supervisor likes to empty it! ;-)
We celebrated QBee Sam's birthday!
We had our June Thimbleberries Patchwork Party meeting!
I made peanut butter cookies on National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!  Yep, there is such a holiday, Betty Crocker shared the news with me. ;-)
Flicka and I started a new quilt.
She read the directions very carefully.
As a Supervisor in Training, Flicka is exploring all sorts of supervisory techniques!  I had a difficult time convincing her that resting on the fabric while piecing doesn't work out very well!
Neither does watching from the top of the machine!
Yep ... life in the sewing room is never boring!
We eventually finished all 20 blocks!
Yesterday the rain stopped ... out the road we went!
Kysa enjoyed the green just as much as we did!  Summer is finally here in our remote corner of the planet!  Yep, my fingers are crossed when I say that! ;-)
The week ended by gifting us with this beautiful sunset last night.
Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
Apparently, the dillydally lifestyle is exhausting!  Who knew?

2 comments:

  1. just love seeing your photos- makes me want to come back to Alaska very soon- even in the rain

    ReplyDelete