Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm Pouting & Whining...Yep...It's True!

I was out of town three days this week ... ugh!  When you're a teacher, it is more work to be gone than it is to be there!  Not sure that comment makes sense, but you get the idea ... I very much dislike being absent from my job!  I try not to complain ... the kids were happy to see me return ... and that's a good thing!

Soooo... why am I pouting?  I came home with a very bad chest cold ... and it is Iceworm Festival this weekend!  And the weather looks like this...

...life (insert very whiny voice) can feel soooo unfair!  Can you hear it?  I'm also stamping my foot!

The question is ... how does a dillydallier medicate herself ?  I don't like cold medications ... my brain is fuzzy enough ... ;-) ... so I try to avoid them if possible.  Yes ... dear dillydallyiers ... there are other ways to medicate ones self!  Take a look ...

... there is nothing like new fabric to make you forget your cough!  I absolutely fell in love with this line when I came across it while in Anchorage.  It is called "Dominique II" by Sentimental Studios for Moda.  The brown, red and black have a richness not normally found ... yep ... I wanted it all!

Am happy I practiced a bit of restraint ... later I found these beauties!  They too are luscious to look at and touch.  The first three (left to right) are Maison de Garance by French General for Moda.  The one on the right is Clermont Farms by Polly Minick & Laurie Simpson for Moda.  I fell in love with these as well ... they really are lovely!
You know ... I fell in love with these as well!  Yep ... I have a very eclectic sense of taste and design!  Serious dillydalliers like myself ... we love it all!  Left to right ... lemon yellow print, there was no information on the selvage, I know, I couldn't believe it myself!  Polk-a-dot ... love grey and yellow together ... Summer Soiree by Paula Prass for Michael Miller!  On the right ... Eclipse designed for Exclusively Quilters!  What fun the three of them are together!

I know what you're thinking ... what is she planning to make with all this new fabric?  I. Have. No. Idea!  It is the dillydally way!  If you like it ... you get it ... and use it when the inspiration hits you!  Sometimes I have a plan, but mostly I don't.  But I do know this ... dreaming of what to make with these new fabrics is very good medicine! ;-)
I love the Patch Abilities patterns ... plus ... I love seasonal wall quilts!  So I just had to pick these up as well ... yep ... starting a new project would also be good medicine!
Two new patterns to inspire me ... I love reading patterns as much as making them!  Yep ... reading new patterns also helped distract me from my cold symptoms!
Watching new DVDs while dillydallying ... what cold?  Those of you who follow this blog, know what a Gleek I am!  A vampire love story will certainly make you forget your sore throat!  Ma and Pa Kettle ... yep, it can't get any sillier!  I just love being silly ... it is the dillydally way whether we're sick or not!

New music to dillydally by helps one forget their cold symptoms as well.  So ... why am I whining and pouting?  I chose to miss tonight's Iceworm Festival activities in the hope that I would feel well enough to participate in tomorrow's fun!  It's hard to miss out on the things you love to do ... I am guilty of wanting to do it all.  But I have found that dillydallying IS good medicine!  I feel better just telling you about it!  Thanks for listening!

Now ... take your medicine too ... go dillydally!

 






4 comments:

  1. So far I have escaped the head/chest cold that is plaguing so many. And honestly, I think just looking at your new fabric purchases has helped to continue to ward them off!! (Must be preventative medicine as well as a cure...) I love all of your choices - yes, I tend to be eclectic in my choices, too. :)
    And I know exactly what you mean when you say it's far more work to be out of school than to be in it! That's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes a cold....not a good thing...hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mrs Dilly-Dally.... you always help me feel inspired! I've been neglecting my sewing room for far too long... So now I am dedicating today to dilly-dallying ALL DAY LONG!!

    Hope your chest cold disappears!

    Meagan N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog by way of a friend! So inspiring! I love the yellow and grey combination too! We're doing a lot of our baby gear in those colors :)

    Your Iceworm pictures make me miss home so much!

    ReplyDelete