Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Dilly Dally Weekend!

Our guild had a "Time to Sew" weekend ... as always, it was a ton of fun ... you can read about it here.  Usually the only thing I accomplish is socializing, but I actually managed to get some things done!
Valerie and I made matching tablerunners.  The designer and pattern information is on the guild blog.  I had never used a G.E. Designs "quilt as you go" pattern before ... I loved it!  I plan to use more of her designs in the future!
I recently had my Popsicle Sticks quilted by one of our local long arm quilters.  I pieced this last summer using two Bali Pops, one colorway was called Berry Bliss and the other Cappachino.  I was very happy with how the colors worked out and am absolutely in love with the pattern!  Terry Atkinson has another hit on her hands!  I sewed the binding on and today began hand sewing it down while watching the Oscars.
This is a scrap quilt I pieced a while ago ... it has a lengthy back story, so I'll share that when it's finished.  I pieced the backing while at the guild event, so it is off to a local long arm quilter this week! 
Most importantly ... I made my Dilly Dally goal of getting another log on the cabin blocks!  Honestly ... it was tough with traveling this week and work ... but I finished them this morning!  Yep ... I did the happy dance!

That is the dillydally news from this remote corner of the planet!  I hope you had an opportunity to dillydally this weekend!  Have a great week!  Do dillydally!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Dilly, found your blog on Facebook "Free Quilt Patterns" page. I definately fall into the Dilly Dally Lifestyle! Love your scrap quilts. Scrappies are by-far, my favorite. The talk of your Guild sewing weekend got me even more excited for my small group Spring quilt retreat. We're going to a new retreat place www.minglewoodlodge.com/ made just for quilters, owned by a local quilt shop www.quiltedmooseonline.com Dividing up the meals between all of us, bringing lots of projects and plan to have a wonderful time, whether we get anything accomplished, or not. Thanks for sharing, and happy quilting!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. the log cabin block looks different and interesting. Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dillydally,glad to find you ,I fit into your category,as I started a log cabin 5 years ago and only have 10 blocks done .I have so manyvufos that I don't know where to begin now, Hope to finish some of them soon. Have a good day everyone.Helen.

    ReplyDelete