Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentines!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Thought I would share pictures of those who are my Valentines ... these two are very dear to my heart ...
... Sister DillyDally is seven and Brother DillyDally is two years old in this picture.  They are wearing the first sweaters that I designed ... back then I always knit their sweaters two sizes too big so that they could wear them longer.  I no longer have to do that ... (sniff, sniff) ... they are adult size now ... (choke) ... I miss those little hands holding mine.

And then ... there is the love of my life ...
... (sigh) ... doing what he loves ... bird hunting with his best friend, Finse.  They were so close ... (tears) ... Finse was devoted to Mr. DillyDally and only tolerated the rest of us.  Mr. DillyDally still holds my hand.

Next we have the current DillyDally pets ... my personal supervisor ...
... Teacup DillyDally ... she is old and grouchy most of the time ... takes her supervisory responsibilities far too seriously ... but is loved and adored!  If she doesn't get her way, she likes to scratch my hand.

And then there is the DillyDally family member who is always happy ...
... sweet Kysa DillyDally!  Her love for us is completely unconditional and her only wish is to please everyone.  She shows her affection by licking my hand.

I can't think about this holiday with out thinking about my father, Buddy.  Today was his birthday ...
... he is on the left, with his brother Mayvin on the right.  They are at an antique farm show, demonstrating a shingle maker from our family farm in northern Minnesota.  This picture was taken in 1991 ... twenty years ago ... he would have been 81 years old today.  I am so grateful for the life he gave me.  I loved placing my small hand in his strong ones.

I hope your Valentine's Day was spent with those you love.  Celebrate love everyday, hold hands and ...



No comments:

Post a Comment