Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gosh...It Feels Good to be Home!

It is always great to visit the city ... in Alaska, the "city" is Anchorage!
It was cold and clear the entire time I was there ... winter still has a very firm grip on us Alaskans.  This is the view facing inland, that is the Chugach Range in the background.
This was the view facing the inlet ... you can see the ice on the seawater.  Behind the clouds in the distance we could get glimpses of Mt. McKinley ... my little camera could not pick it up.  The mountain is very elusive ... but trust me ... it's there!

The professional conference I attended was everything I thought it would be and more!  I left inspired and rejuvenated ... and am reminded again of how lucky I am to have a career that I look forward to every day!

But ... as most of you know ... I am a small town girl at heart and was ready to return to Cordova today.
The view from my front deck tonight ... what a wonderful way to welcome me home ... Glinda, the Good Witch was right, "There's no place like home." 

No comments:

Post a Comment