Friday, July 9, 2010

My Heart is Heavy

Here in my little corner of the planet, our hearts are heavy, we have lost an important member of our community.
Colter Owen Popelka

Our sorrow is great ... because his impact on our community was profound.  Colter has been a part of my personal and professional life since his birth.  The Popelka's are so close to us ... they are family ... our grief is overwhelming ...

In his short life Colter taught us much ... to remain optimistic ... to advocate for ourselves ... to let our personality shine through ... to be honest ... to focus on what we can do ... to be affectionate ... to live life to the fullest ... to love freely.

We are reminded often ... "Love one another"... Colter would often tell me, both privately and publicly that he loved me ... it is such a gift to be loved ... I find comfort in knowing that we often verbalized our affection for one another.  Thank you for loving me, Colter.
December 15, 1990 - July 4, 2010
  Love is everlasting ... 
it has no earthly limits ... 
Colter will always be in my heart ... 
I will love him forever.


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for you loss. My thoughts and prayers are with Colter's family and friends.

    ReplyDelete