Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hard Choices! Easy Choices!

Life is all about choices.  If I had a dime for every time I've said that in my life ... well ... lets just say that Bill Gate's bank account would look small.  We're having our Popsicle Party today ... and I can't decide what to make mine with!

Common sense might lead one to assume that living in a very remote, small community would mean that my choices are somewhat limited.  Of course the internet has allowed us access in ways none of us could imagine 10 years ago ... however, I don't usually buy fabric over the internet ... I'm one of those that likes to see and touch fabric before I buy it.  So I tend to collect ... and hoard fabric ...
... I love all of these ... of course I do ... that's why I bought them!
I love the precuts concept ... whoever thought of it was genius!  Great marketing ... they are irresistible!  So as you can see ... I have in my stash four bali pops and four jelly rolls ... I like them all ... and I can't decide which one(s) to use today!  This is hard ... knowing me ... I'll decide at the very last moment what I'm going to use.
Some choices are easy ... today we'll be eating popsicles with our shirts on!  Remember how these used to stain our clothing when we were young?  My mother hated them for that and often made us eat our popsicles topless.  Around the age of eight ... I became very uncomfortable with that ... I had to choose between my self respect and this frozen treat. It was a difficult choice to make ... and it wasn't until I was ten that my mother realized my shame and allowed me to keep my shirt on!  

Chances are good that today my Popsicle Sticks quilt will received a few popsicle stains ... I am choosing to quilt with my shirt on ... and in Heaven, my mother will be smiling!

Yes ... we drank Kool-Aid topless as well ... now you have an idea of why I am so quirky. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment