Saturday, January 16, 2010

Where did the week go?

Oh my gosh...I have no idea where this past week went!  Some times I feel like Rip Van Winkle...I wake up and find life passed me by!  However, in my case...I do remember living it...it just went by too quickly!  I was very busy at work but was able to get some dillydallying done...

Now you know where my little mittens are going...decisions, decisions...now I have to decide what direction to have the mittens face...ugh...it's always something, isn't it?  I'll keep you posted on my progress.


As you may recall, living the dillydally lifestyle means that I can work on any project I want when I want...last weekend at the guild sewing event, I pulled out the blocks for the "Entwined" quilt on the left and pieced them together.  It was a class taught by Pam Ventgen from Anchorage.  Our guild invited her to teach a class at our annual spring retreat last April, she was not only a great teacher but became a dear friend.  She is so generous with her talent...she even donated a substantial item for our guilds annual auction...she also visited us during the summer just for fun!  And that explains the quilt on the right...we held a sewing party in Pam's honor and I taught everyone how to make "The Fastest Jelly Roll Quilt Ever"!  I got the instructions from Katie's blog of Bay Window Quilts in Perham, Minnesota.  My dillydally time this week was spent putting borders on both quilts.  I plan to get backing this weekend and off to the machine quilter they go!  Yipeeeee!
 
This morning was spent teaching the first lesson in my Knitting 101 class.  You will probably recognize a few faces...yes...three QBees (Quilt Buddies) are on their way to becoming KBees (Knitting Buddies)!  Love it!  It was wonderful having a mother/daughter team there also!  About five years ago, the owner of The Net Loft asked me to develop a knitting curriculum that would teach the basic fundamental skills of knitting.  I actually love developing and writing curriculum (good thing, since I teach public school!) so I didn't have to even think before I said, "I'd love it!"  Since then I've taught several sessions...passed on my love of knitting...even converted some to the dillydally lifestyle...it doesn't get any better than that!

I hope you all find some time to dillydally this weekend...enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment