Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Problems? One Solved!

In my last post, I shared a photo of a project I had begun...as you might recall I was embroidering the faces of snowmen.  It is another kit I purchased at Emily's Country Cottage in Bemidji, Minnesota.  It is another one of the owner's personal designs...very similar to the blue snowmen candle mats I made last week.

Oh-oh...I neglected to trace the designs on point within the squares!  This just won't work...and I really do not want to stitch a whole other set...but I am also unwilling to waste these...what is a dillydallier to do?  Serious problem solving skills are required...so I decide to seek inspiration among my stash of patterns and books...
 

I came across this table topper pattern by This n' That...it caught my eye because it contained four squares and I had eight snowmen blocks.  So I got busy and sketched it out...liked it... and resized the pieces to work with my 3 1/2 inch square snowmen.
 

I'm liking it...


I'm loving it!!!  Look what happens when you meld together two wonderful designers!  Without them even knowing it! Thanks gals for sharing your talent!  Plus...all the materials came from my stash...I just feel good about it all the way around!  Ya-Hoo!
Now...another problem to solve...


Teacup and I have begun to ponder...what will we turn this into...stay tuned...

I love it when dillydallying stretches my creative abilities...there are no mistakes when dillydallying, just new possibilities!  



1 comment:

  1. I love your runner! Great job! That is on eof my favorite blocks...I am thinking about using it again in the new Christmas book...we will see. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete